Tuesday, November 20, 2007

resist or conform?

read this from one of the people's nick on MSN:

It's useless to revolt against the difficulties of life; learn resignation, patience, and optimism.


i just think this is totally crap. ok not totally. i agree with the last 2 parts. patience and optimism. but resignation? useless to revolt against the difficulties of life? i think it is very very wrong to let the world dictate how you live your life. let things of chance happen and tell you what to do. this is not right. not right at all.

i believe in fighting. i believe in creating something out of my sorry ass life that i am in. i dont want to be working in a 9-5 job all my life. till i am 70, and still worrying if i can have my next 3 meals intact. i dont want to be doing that. i want to semi-retire at 40. travel the world. go back to my office as an when i want to. i dont want work to dictate my life after 40. i want to dictate my work.

resignation is something that is so easy to do sometimes. most of the time. it is the easy way out. but is that the way that i want? i am damn sure there will be this nagging pain in me if i just go with the resignation part. for i know i will regret that i din try my best. but in life, sometimes trying your best is just not enough.

haha too much contractions in life and the stuff i just wrote. but i just tell myself everytime something goes bad for me, that i am NOT gonna let anything tell me i am a quitter. for the last 3 years of my life, i've been wanting so badly to get out of sch and start working. and now that i am so near to that objective, i suddenly feel fear. fear of venturing out into the unknown. to fulfil whatever that i have planned for myself. it seemed so much for me to handle alone. it seemed that i am walking the road alone. i need someone by my side.

i want to be successful in life. success comes with a price i guess. but i am determined to break out of the poverty cycle. i will not conform to the general belief that earning enough to feed yourself is good enough. money is NEVER enough. i will not be satisfied, ever, with my achievements. i admit i am a late starter, but yes, i will compensate that with my determination and passion.

Losers make excuses, winners make it happen.



I choose RESIST.

No comments: