Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Like A Ship...

Just like a ship, set adrift in the middle of the ocean. Heading nowhere, getting tossed around by the seas and waves, getting battered by the stormy weather, riding it out. Just like a ship, built to withstand all weather, unsinkable, without its own power, allowing the forces of nature to set its course. This ship, is me.

Many have said to me, "DUDE! You got a nice job, no worries, carefree life, what are you all lost and emo about?!" So my boat is watertight, and rock solid. But honestly, so what. A vessel is built to go somewhere. It needs direction to go somewhere. Without that direction, it goes nowhere. It goes wherever the winds and waves takes it. The vessel goes to places, but is never really truely there.

I want to be a vessel, moving under my own power. I want to be a ship, steaming steadily in a direction, to a destination that I really want to be at. It doesnt matter if the passage lies along stormy seas, shallow waters, as long as the destination is well worth all the troubles.

I am searching for that destination. I am hunting for that place, that will bring me HOME.

Otherwise, I am just another ship, watertight, but aimlessly adrift, in the wide empty ocean.

This is what I am emo about.

No comments: