Friday, February 29, 2008

Letting Go?? Moving On??

i saw this question on my friend's msn nick today. and i had this compelling urge to present my interpretation of the meanings, which i failed pretty miserably. but i think my interpretations of them are pretty on the spot. took 23.8 yrs of my life to figure them out.....

a friend of mine, A, broke up from a relationship of 4 years over. A got together with another person, and their first anniversary is coming soon, if not already over. however, A still thinks bout the previous person. checks on the person's blog. friendster. and feels miserable when A sees the person with a new partner. goes to places where they used to frequent in their 4 years together, and feel really upset bout it.

has A let go? has A moved on? i personally feel that A has moved on, but A hasnt let go. if u did fully let go of something, you will not feel upset bout the person anymore. absolutely nothing will upset u. seeing the old person with someone new will not trigger a flood of emotions into u. going to places that the both of u used to frequent will not be stepping into emo land. so A has moved on, has gotten someone new. its good. Letting go of a 4 year relationship isnt gonna be easy. and it takes more then just a few months to let go. so u can move on, and not wallow in your own self pity, but it takes much more time for the internal wounds to heal.

so can u let go, and not move on? i think its possible. i think a living example is me. i have let go totally of my past r/s (after 15 months, wat a loser, i know). absolutely nothing (mark my words) can upset me bout it already. but i haven moved on yet. i am still afraid of wat a future r/s might bring to me. the pain, the sorrow, the despair. and so, i am potentially wallowing in my own self pity and fear, and refusing to move on, to take a step forward. and i always complain that i am gonna die single. which actually is my fault. own fault.

Moving on is important. more important then letting go. time will heal the pain, and when the pain goes away, u r letting go. by moving on, by allowing someone else into your life, u r allowing yourself a second chance in love, and the person will slowly, but surely, bring u out of the pain. hold your hands, and walk u out of the chains.

but if you dont move on, even if u have let go, so wat. u r caught in limbo. in the twilight zone. where the sun doesnt shine. its just empty. u have nothing holding u back, but there is nothing to look forward to. and u juz drown yourself in trainings, work, and more trainings, to take away the emptiness. to fill out the time. but of course, thats just me.

i am ranting. i duno if i make sense. i am sure i dun make sense. but wat the hell. if anyone wanna dispute, call me. at least it would take a lonely portion of my day out.

somebody just shoot me.

No comments: